Tangowahine School have a newly appointed Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees are Crown entities and are responsible for the governance of schools. Their role is to make sure the school is run in the best interest of the students and community.
According to the Ministry of Education the Boards role is to:
- ensure the school has a clear sense of purpose by establishing its strategic objectives, documenting these objectives in a school charter, and monitoring progress in achieving these objectives
- set priorities and goals for improvement of learning and achievement in the school
- seek assurance from the management (principal and senior staff) that the programmes being implemented in the school can achieve the goals
- monitor the school’s performance against student achievement outcomes
- seek assurance from the school’s management that the school’s resources are being used optimally to deliver the agreed outcomes, ensuring, for example, that resources are available to ensure the knowledge and skills of the teachers are up to date
- be accountable for the exercise of decision-making rights.
Here is Tangowahine Schools Board of Trustees:
Juanetta Long – Chairperson
Pru Kena – Parent Rep
Richard Amoroa – Parent Rep
Wayne Steele – Principal
Amanda Ball – Staff Rep